Monday, June 16, 2014

Increase SiteQuota SharePoint 2010

Yesterday , a site-collection administrator got an automated email from my SharePoint 2010 farm stating that "You are receiving this e-mail message because you are an administrator of the following SharePoint Web site, which has exceeded the warning level for storage".

I was notified of this email and I immediately accessed CA->Site Collection Quotas and Limits and bumped up the "Limit site storage" 20GB, but still the site-collection administrator was receiving the same email. Then I realized that I did not bump up the "Send warning email when site storage reaches" as the current storage was more than that.

Then after bumping up the "Send warning email when site storage reaches" value , the site-collection administrator was not getting reminder email. So the lesson for me is when you increase the "Site storage" make sure you also increase the warning email value as well


.


No comments:

Post a Comment